Myguide uses the SMS and Email Modules of ContactPlatform™ to send newsletters and daily notifications.
Myguide, an initiative from the Department for Education, is designed to be an introduction to the web and computers, providing users with a free email account. Myguide tried to find an easy to use and reliable product that would help overcome technology phobia and invite people to the internet and show the benefits of new solutions. The powerful functionality of ContactPlatform supported their choice.
Our software is used to send a daily SMS notification to each user telling them how many new messages they have in their Inbox. Users are also able to subscribe to the myguide newsletter, which is delivered by email. This provides a valuable service to people who are just getting used to using computers and email. The SMS reminder teaches them to check their inbox regularly.
- raising customers’ technology awareness
- overcoming customers’ reluctance to use computers
- incorporating electronic communications into daily routines
- encouraging the use of email
- promoting the electronic newsletter as a new channel for distributing information
- user-friendly experience